Admissions | Application Procedures
Regular Master's Degree Program
* Basically, the Japanese applicants should use the Japanese forms. To obtain it, please mail the academic affairs section (refer to below).
* Foreign applicants can use the English forms. Please download from below.
* Entrance examination of this degree program is held in Sendai, Japan. Many applicants from outside Japan enter a couple of months before the exam as a Research Student first, and prepare for the exam while familiarizing to the new environment, although this is not required for admissions.
- Master's Program enrollment in October, 2019
- (reference)Master's Program enrollment in April, 2019
- (reference)Master's Program for Early Graduate Students enrollment in April, 2019
When requesting printed application forms by mail, enclose a self-address return envelope for A4-sized documents (approximately 34 cm by 24 cm) with your name, address and postal code with 250 yen postage affixed. Also, you should attach details below.We can not accept the request of printed application forms from outside Japan.
- address / phone number / e-mail address
- program name (either master's program, doctoral program, IMAC-G master's program, IMAC-G doctoral program, or IMSE program)
- enrollment season (either April or October)
Graduate Academic Affairs Section, Academic Affairs Division
Graduate School of Engineering, Tohoku University
6-6-04 Aramaki Aza Aoba, Aoba-ku, Sendai, Miyagi 980-8579, Japan
International Mechanical and Aerospace Engineering Course
International Mechanical and Aerospace Engineering Course, IMAC, is a fully English taught engineering degree program organized by the division of Mechanical Engineering, School of Engineering. It has the Undergraduate Course, IMAC-U (Bachelor Degree), and the Graduate Course, IMAC-G (Master and Doctoral Degree). IMAC-U directly connects to the international graduate course (IMAC-G).
Students will have opportunities to learn fundamental and cutting-edge knowledge in laboratories studying fluid dynamics, thermal engineering, materials engineering, micro/nanotechnologies, aerospace engineering, robotics, biomedical engineering, informationscience, quantum science and energy, and environmental studies etc.
International Materials Science and Engineering Master Course
The International Materials Science and Engineering Master Course (IMSE) is the program offered for graduate students. The departmentsof Metallurgy, Materials Science and Materials Processing are participating in this program. Institutes related to IMSE includethe Institute for Materials Research (IMR), Institute of Multidisciplinary Research for Advanced Materials (IMRAM) and New IndustryCreation Hatchery Center (NICHe). An International Doctoral Program is also provided in the departments.
Change in Examination Venue:
Applicants are unable to take the Oral Examination via Internet. They must take the Oral Examination at Tohoku University, Sendai, Japan.
International Civil and Environmental Engineering Course
The International Civil and Environmental Engineering course (I-CEEC) is engineering degree program organized by the Department of Civil and Environmental Engineering, Graduate School of Engineering. The I-CEEC is aiming at enthusiastic global-minded international students who aspire to assume key international leadership roles in the future. Students will have the opportunity to learn fundamental and cutting-edge knowledge through the study and research on water environmental engineering and science, disaster sciences, human-social information sciences, infrastructure planning, engineering materials and mechanics, etc.
|Mechanical Systems Engineering(As of August 1, 2019)||Website|
|Finemechanics(As of August 1, 2019)||Website|
|Robotics(As of August 1, 2019)||Website|
|Aerospace Engineering(As of August 1, 2019)||Website|
|Quantum Science and Energy Engineering(As of June, 2019)||Website|
|Applied Chemistry(As of May 1, 2019)||Website|
|Chemical Engineering(As of May 1, 2019)||Website|
|Biomolecular Engineering(As of May 1, 2019)||Website|
|Metallurgy(As of June 1, 2019)||Website|
|Materials Science(As of June 1, 2019)||Website|
|Materials Processing(As of June 1, 2019)||Website|
|Civil and Environmental Engineering||Website|
|Architecture and Building Science||Website|
|Management Science and Technology||Website|