International Affairs

Extension of Stay

In regard to Immigration Control and Refugee Recognition Act,international students are granted a permit to stay in Japan. Students who need to stay in Japan for a longer period must apply for an extension.

The procedure for obtaining an extension of stay must be completed at the Sendai Immigration Office (TEL. 022-256-6076) before the authorized period of stay expires.

Refer to the Ministry of Justice website to check the application forms that are required.

Among the required forms, the sheets to be filled out by the educational organization needs the official seal of the Dean of the undergraduate/graduate school.

Therefore, submit the form titled "For organization part 1 and 2 "to the administration office of the department or course and receive the form titled "Application for Issue of Official Seal." Next, submit both forms to the Student Support Section of the Academic Affairs Division and receive the official seal of the dean on the form to be submitted to the Immigration Bureau.

Student Support Section, Academic Affairs Division
TEL: 022-795-5822
E-mail :
International Affairs

International Affairs