TO THE INTERNATIONAL STUDENTS：Important Notice about COVID-19
I have no doubt that we will achieve unity to defeat this crisis together. Let's do our best together.
In order to prevent the spread of COVID-19 infection, the measures at the Graduate School of Engineering and the School of Engineering will be updated as needed. Please refer the information below.
- BCP Guidelines in an Emergency Reduced to “Level 1” (June 19)
- Health Management and Activity Record
- Contacts for When You Feel Ill and Are Suspected to Contact with Infected Person
- Access to Internet
- Research Work According to the BCP Level
- Job Hunting
- Don’t Take on Worries … Consult with Advising Professors
- Student Counseling Room/Mental Health and Counseling Services
- To Get Later Information
1. BCP Guidelines in an Emergency Reduced to Level 1 (June 19)
The School of Engineering establishes the action guidelines for each activity as follows.
|Lectures and Examination||Lectures||The School of Engineering will provide most of lectures online during the spring semester of AY 2020. On the other hand, we are currently discussing the ways to implement the subjects such as skills practice, experiments, practical training, etc. The information will be provided later.|
|Examination||The regular examinations for the subjects of the first semester will be conducted online as a principle. This is the first attempt to conduct examinations online, and various considerations will be given to the method of conducting examinations. Please follow the instructions of the faculty in charge of each subject and take the examination in earnest manner. (July 22)|
|Research activity||You are allowed to engage in research while paying the utmost care and attention to prevent the spread of infection.
Check the 5. Research Work According to the BCP Level.
|Counter service, etc.||The counter service will be gradually restarted.
However, please come to the counter only if the university asks you to come to the counter. In other case, please call us before coming to the counter.
|Extracurricular activities||You are allowed to take part in some part of extracurricular activities while paying the utmost care and attention to prevent the spread of infection. The detailed information will be frequently notified on the website.|
|Job hunting||The School of Engineering will continue to requests of companies that interviews be conducted remotely for the time being, etc.
Check the 6. Job hunting.
|Travel, returning to parent’s home, etc||Considering the current situation that the COVID-19 infection is spreading, please check the alert information on the activity restriction table and refrain from nonessential and non-urgent traveling. (August 3rd)
【If traveling across prefectures is absolutely necessary】
Report your supervising professors or academic advisor before traveling. Act with great caution after confirming the infectious status and preventive measures in the destinations.
|Part-time job||Please refrain from doing part-time jobs in conditions with 3Cs (closed space with poor ventilation, crowded places, and close contact).|
|Meeting, party, etc.||Please refrain from attending meeting, party, event, etc., in conditions with 3Cs (closed space with poor ventilation, crowded places, and close contact)|
2. Health Management and Activity Record
- Record daily body temperature and condition for more thorough health management. Please stay home if you feel ill.
Health Observation Record Form
- To ensure traceability, record your daily activities with emergency contacts so that you can document what, when, where, and who you were in contact with.
- Avoiding contact with people is very important and useful for preventing the spread of the infection. Avoid crowded closed spaces with poor ventilation, and situations with excessive talking/speaking such as restaurants, karaoke, etc. Take appropriate prevention measures e.g. ventilating, wearing a mask, when you have a meeting/gathering at home. Refrain from part-time jobs in those places as well.
3. Contacts for When You Feel Ill and Are Suspected to Contact with Infected Person
4. Access to Internet
* Please refrain from coming to school for at least one week after coming to Sendai from other prefectures.
5. Research Work According to the BCP Level
6. Job Hunting
We suppose that you will may be requested to travel to other prefectures for job interviews, etc. However, there is a serious risk to your health care and further spread of infection. This is not only your problem and must consider the possibility of infecting surrounding people. Please report to your supervising professors or faculty/staff members in charge of job searching in your major department if you are requested to travel to other prefectures.
7. Don’t Take on Worries … Consult with Advising Professors
8. Student Counseling Room/Mental Health and Counseling Services
Consulting in person is not available at this moment, so please take an appointment for consultation on the phone.
Counseling Services in the School of Engineering
Center for Counseling and Disability Services, Tohoku University (for reference)