TO THE INTERNATIONAL STUDENTS：Important Notice about COVID-19
In order to prevent the spread of COVID-19 infection, the measures at the Graduate School of Engineering and the School of Engineering will be updated as needed. Please refer the information below.
- The BCP is currently a Level 3, from April 1.
- Health Management and Activity Record
- IF you feel ill ...
- If you or your housemate is suspected of being infected with COVID-19 ...
- Access to Internet
- Research Work According to the BCP Level
- Job Hunting
- Don’t Take on Worries … Consult with Advising Professors
- Student Counseling Room/Mental Health and Counseling Services
- Re-entry procedures for International students who have a re-entry permit
- To Get Later Information
1. The BCP is currently at Level 3 from April 1.
The School of Engineering establishes the action guidelines for each activity as follows.
From January 12, all classes will move back online in principle (January 8).
|Research activity||You are allowed to engage in research. However, spend less time in the laboratory, and please work from home if possible.
Check the 5. Research Work According to the BCP Level.
|Counter service, etc.||The counter service will be gradually restarted.
However, please come to the counter only if the university asks you to come to the counter. In other case, please call us before coming to the counter.
|Job hunting||The School of Engineering will continue to requests of companies that interviews be conducted remotely for the time being, etc.
Check the 6. Job hunting.
|Travel||Spread of the COVID-19 infection in each city/prefecture is fluctuating day by day. Please check the latest Warning Information on the Tohoku University Emergency Action Plan (BCP)(April 8) and refrain from nonessential traveling. Please refrain from traveling, especially to areas where the infection is spreading.|
|Part-time job||Please refrain from doing part-time jobs in conditions with 3Cs (closed space with poor ventilation, crowded places, and close contact).|
|Meeting, party, etc.||If you are able to avoid attending an event, etc, please cancel your participation. If you participate, please confirm you are able to avoid 3Cs and take sufficient infection prevention, and participants are wearing a mask, etc. If you find that the measures are insufficient, please do not participate in the event. Please refrain from participating in the dinner party, since many cases of infection have been reported during dining with a conversation.|
2. Health Management and Activity Record
- Record daily body temperature and condition for more thorough health management. Please stay home if you feel ill.
Health Observation Record Form
- To ensure traceability, record your daily activities with emergency contacts so that you can document what, when, where, and who you were in contact with.
- Avoiding contact with people is very important and useful for preventing the spread of the infection. Avoid crowded closed spaces with poor ventilation, and situations with excessive talking/speaking such as restaurants, karaoke, etc. Take appropriate prevention measures e.g. ventilating, wearing a mask, when you have a meeting/gathering at home. Refrain from part-time jobs in those places as well.
3. IF you feel ill ...
A telephone consultation service operated by Miyagi Prefecture and Sendai City is available. If you need multilingual assistance, please ask SENTIA for interpretation in advance at 022-275-9990.
Consultation Service : 022-211-3883 Available 24h (Japanese language)
4. If you or your housemate is suspected of being infected with COVID-19 ...
5. Access to Internet
* Please refrain from coming to school for at least one week after coming to Sendai from other prefectures.
6. Research Work According to the BCP Level
7. Job Hunting
We suppose that you will may be requested to travel to other prefectures for job interviews, etc. However, there is a serious risk to your health care and further spread of infection. This is not only your problem and must consider the possibility of infecting surrounding people. Please report to your supervising professors or faculty/staff members in charge of job searching in your major department if you are requested to travel to other prefectures.
8. Don’t Take on Worries … Consult with Advising Professors
9. Student Counseling Room/Mental Health and Counseling Services
Counseling Services in the School of Engineering
Center for Counseling and Disability Services, Tohoku University (for reference)