TO THE INTERNATIONAL STUDENTS：Important Notice about COVID-19
In order to prevent the spread of COVID-19 infection, the measures at the Graduate School of Engineering and the School of Engineering will be updated as needed. Please refer the information below.
- The BCP is currently a Level 2, from May 12.
- Health Management and Activity Record
- IF you feel ill ...
- If you or your housemate is suspected of being infected with COVID-19 ...
- Access to Internet
- Research Work According to the BCP Level
- Job Hunting
- Don’t Take on Worries … Consult with Advising Professors
- Student Counseling Room/Mental Health and Counseling Services
- Re-entry procedures for International students who have a re-entry permit
- To Get Later Information
1. The BCP is currently at Level 2 from May 12.
The School of Engineering establishes the action guidelines for each activity as follows.
Classes will be hold in hybrid formats combining face-to-face and online classes.
|Research activity||Research work will be allowed if it satisfies the condition that the work does not involve activities that may lead to the spread of infection, under the supervision of the laboratory supervisor.
Check the 6. Research Work According to the BCP Level.
|Extracurricular activities||All extracurricular activities remain suspended unless they can be held online.|
|Job hunting||Job-hunting activities will be allowed if you take sufficient infection prevention measures and obtain the approval of the laboratory supervisor.
Check the 7. Job hunting.
|Travel||Recreational and unnecessary travel is strongly discouraged.|
|Part-time job||Please refrain from doing part-time jobs in conditions with 3Cs (closed space with poor ventilation, crowded places, and close contact).|
|Meeting, party, etc.||If you are able to avoid attending an event, etc, please cancel your participation. If you participate, please confirm you are able to avoid 3Cs and take sufficient infection prevention, and participants are wearing a mask, etc. If you find that the measures are insufficient, please do not participate in the event. Please refrain from participating in the dinner party, since many cases of infection have been reported during dining with a conversation.|
2. Health Management and Activity Record
- Record daily body temperature and condition for more thorough health management. Please stay home if you feel ill.
Health Observation Record Form
- To ensure traceability, record your daily activities with emergency contacts so that you can document what, when, where, and who you were in contact with.
- Avoiding contact with people is very important and useful for preventing the spread of the infection. Avoid crowded closed spaces with poor ventilation, and situations with excessive talking/speaking such as restaurants, karaoke, etc. Take appropriate prevention measures e.g. ventilating, wearing a mask, when you have a meeting/gathering at home. Refrain from part-time jobs in those places as well.
3. IF you feel ill ...
A telephone consultation service operated by Miyagi Prefecture and Sendai City is available. If you need multilingual assistance, please ask SENTIA for interpretation in advance at 022-275-9990.
Consultation Service : 022-211-3883 Available 24h (Japanese language)
4. If you or your housemate is suspected of being infected with COVID-19 ...
5. Access to Internet
6. Research Work According to the BCP Level
7. Job Hunting
8. Don’t Take on Worries … Consult with Advising Professors
9. Student Counseling Room/Mental Health and Counseling Services
Counseling Services in the School of Engineering
Center for Counseling and Disability Services, Tohoku University (for reference)