TO THE INTERNATIONAL STUDENTS：Important Notice about COVID-19
In order to prevent the spread of COVID-19 infection, the measures at the Graduate School of Engineering and the School of Engineering will be updated as needed. Please refer the information below.
- The BCP is currently a Level 1, with minor adjustments made on Sept 8.
- Health Management and Activity Record
- Contacts for When You Feel Ill and Are Suspected to Contact with Infected Person
- Access to Internet
- Research Work According to the BCP Level
- Job Hunting
- Don’t Take on Worries … Consult with Advising Professors
- Student Counseling Room/Mental Health and Counseling Services
- Re-entry procedures for International students who have a re-entry permit
- To Get Later Information
1. The BCP is currently at Level 1, with minor adjustments made on Sept 8.
The School of Engineering establishes the action guidelines for each activity as follows.
|Lectures||Courses in the second semester will have a better balance of on-campus and online classes.|
|Research activity||You are allowed to engage in research while paying the utmost care and attention to prevent the spread of infection.
Check the 5. Research Work According to the BCP Level.
|Counter service, etc.||The counter service will be gradually restarted.
However, please come to the counter only if the university asks you to come to the counter. In other case, please call us before coming to the counter.
|Extracurricular activities||You are allowed to take part in some part of extracurricular activities while paying the utmost care and attention to prevent the spread of infection. The detailed information will be frequently notified on the website.|
|Job hunting||The School of Engineering will continue to requests of companies that interviews be conducted remotely for the time being, etc.
Check the 6. Job hunting.
|Travel||Spread of the COVID-19 infection in each city/prefecture is fluctuating day by day. Please check the latest Warning Information on the Tohoku University Emergency Action Plan (BCP) and refrain from nonessential traveling.
If traveling across prefectures is absolutely necessary, act with great caution after confirming the infectious status and preventive measures in the destinations. Also refrain from dining and drinking in large groups.
|Part-time job||Please refrain from doing part-time jobs in conditions with 3Cs (closed space with poor ventilation, crowded places, and close contact).|
|Meeting, party, etc.||Please refrain from attending meeting, party, event, etc., in conditions with 3Cs (closed space with poor ventilation, crowded places, and close contact)|
2. Health Management and Activity Record
- Record daily body temperature and condition for more thorough health management. Please stay home if you feel ill.
Health Observation Record Form
- To ensure traceability, record your daily activities with emergency contacts so that you can document what, when, where, and who you were in contact with.
- Avoiding contact with people is very important and useful for preventing the spread of the infection. Avoid crowded closed spaces with poor ventilation, and situations with excessive talking/speaking such as restaurants, karaoke, etc. Take appropriate prevention measures e.g. ventilating, wearing a mask, when you have a meeting/gathering at home. Refrain from part-time jobs in those places as well.
3. Contacts for When You Feel Ill and Are Suspected to Contact with Infected Person
4. Access to Internet
* Please refrain from coming to school for at least one week after coming to Sendai from other prefectures.
5. Research Work According to the BCP Level
6. Job Hunting
We suppose that you will may be requested to travel to other prefectures for job interviews, etc. However, there is a serious risk to your health care and further spread of infection. This is not only your problem and must consider the possibility of infecting surrounding people. Please report to your supervising professors or faculty/staff members in charge of job searching in your major department if you are requested to travel to other prefectures.
7. Don’t Take on Worries … Consult with Advising Professors
8. Student Counseling Room/Mental Health and Counseling Services
Counseling Services in the School of Engineering
Center for Counseling and Disability Services, Tohoku University (for reference)