Insurance and Health
Personal Accident Insurance for Students Pursuing Education and Research (PAS) and Liability Insurance for Students Pursuing Education and Research (LSR)
Must enroll in "PAS" and "LSR coupled with PAS"!
Those currently not enrolled in "PAS" and "LSR coupled with PAS" must enroll as soon as possible.
What is "Personal Accident Insurance for Students Pursuing Education and Research (PAS)"?
*Includes additional coverage for commuting accidents.
Insurance that provides benefits related to accidents which resulted during regular curricular activities, during school events, when on school premises, during extracurricular (club) activities, during the commute to school, and in transit between school facilities, etc.
What is "Liability Insurance for Students Pursuing Education and Research (LSR) coupled with PAS"?
Insurance that compensates for damages for which students may be held legally liable to pay by injuring third parties or damaging any property belonging to third parties during their curricular activities, school events, extracurricular activities (Note : Be careful of the definition of "extracurricular activities". Please be sure to refer to the following website.), or commuting to and from them.
* If you are unsure whether you are enrolled in "PAS" and "LSR coupled with PAS," please inquire with the Student Support Section at the Academic Affairs Division (TEL: 022-795-5822), or with the academic affairs section of your department administrative office.
* Students already enrolled in "INTERN-L" must also enroll once again in "LSR coupled with PAS."
* Students enrolled in other accident insurance or liability insurance are also required to enroll in "PAS" and "LSR coupled with PAS."
However, students enrolled in "Comprehensive Insurance for Students lives Coupled with PAS" need not enroll in "LSR coupled with PAS."
* JYPE and COLABS students (international students from partner universities studying at Tohoku University) are not required to enroll (as they have already enrolled at the time of enrolling into the university).
How to Enroll
Please apply using a payment form.
- Payment forms are available at the Student Support Section and at the academic affairs sections of all department administrative offices. (For only undergraduate students, the forms available also at Window No. 4 on the first floor of the Administration Office Building, Kawauchi-Kita Campus.) Undergraduate students should pick up the payment form for undergraduate students. Graduate students should pick up the payment form for graduate students.
- For both "PAS" and "LSR coupled with PAS," the period of insurance is the period remaining until graduation from (the completion of) your current program.
Period of insurance (Examples):
2nd year undergraduate student → Pay 3 years worth of insurance premiums.
4th year undergraduate student planning to go onto graduate school immediately after graduation → Pay 1 year worth, and when enrolling in graduate school, pay 2 years worth.
Student staying at the university beyond the years required for graduation → Pay 1 year worth at the time of exceeding the years required for graduation.
- Please fill in the insurance amount by referring to the table below.
Insurance amount → Write down the total combined amount of "PAS" and "LSR coupled with PAS" (Example: 1st year undergraduate student → 4,660yen)
"(Of which) LSR coupled with PAS" in the Notes section → Write down the "LSR coupled with PAS" amount (Example: 1st year undergraduate student → 1,360yen)
- Insurance premiums may be paid at the post office or at Window No. 4 on the first floor of the Administration Office Building, Kawauchi-Kita Campus. The day following the date of the money transfer is the start day of the insurance policy.
- Only those enrolled in "PAS" may enroll in "LSR coupled with PAS." You cannot enroll only in "LSR coupled with PAS."
|Enrollment Category||Period of Insurance||*PAS||LSR coupled with PAS||Total|
|4th year undergraduate student /
2nd year MC student /
3rd year DC student /
student staying beyond years required for graduation
|1 year||1,000 yen||340 yen||1,340 yen|
|3rd year undergraduate student /
1st year MC student /
2nd year DC student
|2 years||1,750 yen||680 yen||2,430 yen|
|2nd year undergraduate student /
1st year DC student
|3 years||2,600 yen||1,020 yen||3,620 yen|
|1st year undergraduate student||4 years||3,300 yen||1,360 yen||4,660 yen|
* "PAS" includes the insurance premium for additional coverage for commuting accidents (mandatory for PAS enrollees at Tohoku University).
For other Insurance and Health for International Students go to: